If you are interested in volunteering behind the scenes or directly with other bereaved parents, the following opportunities may be of interest to you. Time commitments and training vary by position. Some roles require you to be at least one year out from the loss of your child/children. If you have an idea of a volunteer role that is not listed, please reach out!
- Newsletter Mailing: once a month, preparing newsletters for mailing.
- Website Maintenance: updating website information as needed
- Noah’s Quest: planning and day-of support (manning a booth, bringing supplies, directing runners, etc.)
- Holiday Remembrance Ceremonies: perform a song or reading, be a greeter, provide snacks, craft tables, help set up and clean up
- Cards: send cards to bereaved families on anniversaries
The following volunteer opportunities require a longer time commitment as well as needing to be at least one year out from your own loss before taking on:
- Telephone Facilitator: retrieve messages from our message line a minimum of once a week, return calls or pass along messages as needed
- Meeting Facilitator: facilitate meetings for bereaved parents at the various meetings held by BE
- Backup Meeting Facilitator: facilitate meetings when the regular facilitator cannot attend
- Hospital/Birthing Center Liaisons: visit your hospital/center on a regular basis to refurbish BE materials and develop/maintain a relationship with key contacts
- Liaison Coordinator: Someone to train liaisons, keep track of all the hospitals and who is visiting them, and make sure liaisons and hospitals are getting the supplies and support they need.